- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares firm, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
Alliant Energy profit beats estimates
Aug 3 (Reuters) - Alliant Energy Corp reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit on lower costs, and the power provider said it expects full-year profit to be at the top end of its forecast, boosted by warmer weather.
Alliant expects a profit of between $2.75 and $3.05 per share.
April-June net profit from continuing operations rose to $65.5 million, or 60 cents per share, from $50.3 million, or 45 cents per share a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 58 cents.
Operating expenses fell 9 percent to $581.5 million.
Operating revenue dropped 3 percent to $690.3 million.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of 46 cents per share on revenue of $699.7 million.
Shares of the company closed at $46.56 on the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this