Alliant Energy profit beats estimates
Aug 3 (Reuters) - Alliant Energy Corp reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit on lower costs, and the power provider said it expects full-year profit to be at the top end of its forecast, boosted by warmer weather.
Alliant expects a profit of between $2.75 and $3.05 per share.
April-June net profit from continuing operations rose to $65.5 million, or 60 cents per share, from $50.3 million, or 45 cents per share a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 58 cents.
Operating expenses fell 9 percent to $581.5 million.
Operating revenue dropped 3 percent to $690.3 million.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of 46 cents per share on revenue of $699.7 million.
Shares of the company closed at $46.56 on the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday.
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work