STXNEWS LATAM-Chile stocks jump on US jobs, Europe
Santiago's blue-chip IPSA stock index preliminarily ended 1.92 percent higher, on news U.S. employers increased hiring in July by the most in five months and on revived optimism that Europe was closer to action on its debt crisis.
The IPSA posted its largest daily gain in eight months as industrial conglomerate Copec surged 3.93 percent and regional energy company Enersis jumped 4.04 percent.
- Children's corpses in Korean ferry reveal desperate attempts to escape |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China ahead of visit |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China