STXNEWS LATAM-Chile stocks jump on US jobs, Europe
Santiago's blue-chip IPSA stock index preliminarily ended 1.92 percent higher, on news U.S. employers increased hiring in July by the most in five months and on revived optimism that Europe was closer to action on its debt crisis.
The IPSA posted its largest daily gain in eight months as industrial conglomerate Copec surged 3.93 percent and regional energy company Enersis jumped 4.04 percent.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap