STXNEWS LATAM-Chile stocks jump on US jobs, Europe
Santiago's blue-chip IPSA stock index preliminarily ended 1.92 percent higher, on news U.S. employers increased hiring in July by the most in five months and on revived optimism that Europe was closer to action on its debt crisis.
The IPSA posted its largest daily gain in eight months as industrial conglomerate Copec surged 3.93 percent and regional energy company Enersis jumped 4.04 percent.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel