STXNEWS LATAM-Chile stocks jump on US jobs, Europe
Santiago's blue-chip IPSA stock index preliminarily ended 1.92 percent higher, on news U.S. employers increased hiring in July by the most in five months and on revived optimism that Europe was closer to action on its debt crisis.
The IPSA posted its largest daily gain in eight months as industrial conglomerate Copec surged 3.93 percent and regional energy company Enersis jumped 4.04 percent.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises