ITT adjusted profit rises
Aug 3 (Reuters) - ITT Corp, which provides components for aerospace, rail, and energy markets, posted a rise in adjusted quarterly profit on strong sales to the U.S. mining, chemical and industrial markets.
Net income from continuing operations fell to $16.7 million, or 18 cents per share, for the second quarter, from $18.7 million, or 20 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, ITT earned 50 cents per share, compared with 46 cents per share last year.
Revenue rose 3 percent to $567.5 million.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane