UPDATE 1-Synopsys to buy Springsoft for $406 million
Aug 3 (Reuters) - Chip-design software maker Synopsys Inc will buy Taiwan's Springsoft Inc for $406 million, the United States-based company said on Friday, helping to strengthen its presence in Asian, European and U.S. semiconductor markets.
Synopsys will offer T$57, or $1.90 per share for all the outstanding shares of Springsoft. The deal is worth $305 million net of cash acquired, Synopsys said and will add to its 2013 non-GAAP earnings per share.
California-based Synopsys, which competes with Cadence Design Systems Inc and Mentor Graphics Corp, bought Magma late last year, to add complementary technology to its portfolio.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |