UPDATE 1-Synopsys to buy Springsoft for $406 million
Aug 3 (Reuters) - Chip-design software maker Synopsys Inc will buy Taiwan's Springsoft Inc for $406 million, the United States-based company said on Friday, helping to strengthen its presence in Asian, European and U.S. semiconductor markets.
Synopsys will offer T$57, or $1.90 per share for all the outstanding shares of Springsoft. The deal is worth $305 million net of cash acquired, Synopsys said and will add to its 2013 non-GAAP earnings per share.
California-based Synopsys, which competes with Cadence Design Systems Inc and Mentor Graphics Corp, bought Magma late last year, to add complementary technology to its portfolio.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data