Champion Adams to compete in shot put
LONDON (Reuters) - Olympic and world shot put champion Valerie Adams of New Zealand was not included in the London Olympics startlist for the qualifying rounds set for Monday but team officials said it was a mistake.
"It was an administrative error and it is being corrected now," said New Zealand team spokeswoman Ashley Abbott on Sunday.
"She will definitely be competing tomorrow."
The startlist posted on the official site of the Games on Sunday did not include the 2008 Beijing Games gold medalist, who also won gold in the last three editions of the world championships as well as this year's world indoor championships.
(Reporting by Gene Cherry, Writing by Karolos Grohmann, editing by Ed Osmond)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas