- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Police see Sikh shooting as "domestic terrorist" incident
OAK CREEK, Wisc. |
OAK CREEK, Wisc. (Reuters) - Police dealing with the Sikh temple shooting in Wisconsin said they believe only one gunman was involved in what they called an act of "domestic terrorism" in which seven people died, including the shooter.
"The best information is that there was only one gunman," Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards told a news conference, discounting reports of the involvement of multiple shooters.
The police said the temple complex has been cleared, but they are still methodically searching the area.
(Reporting by Ian Simpson and Anthony Boadle; Editing by Jackie Frank)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this