Apple says YouTube app won't be included in new mobile software
SAN FRANCISCO Aug 6 (Reuters) - Apple Inc's new version of its iPhone and iPad software will not include a pre-packaged app for Google Inc's popular video website, YouTube, Apple said on Monday.
"Our license to include the YouTube app in iOS has ended," Apple said in a statement on Monday. "Customers can use YouTube in the safari browser and Google is working on a new YouTube app to be on the app store."
Google was not immediately available for comment.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.