Apple says YouTube app won't be included in new mobile software
SAN FRANCISCO Aug 6 (Reuters) - Apple Inc's new version of its iPhone and iPad software will not include a pre-packaged app for Google Inc's popular video website, YouTube, Apple said on Monday.
"Our license to include the YouTube app in iOS has ended," Apple said in a statement on Monday. "Customers can use YouTube in the safari browser and Google is working on a new YouTube app to be on the app store."
Google was not immediately available for comment.
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |