CF Industries profit jumps 24 pct, cheap natural gas cited
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Fertilizer producer CF Industries Holdings Inc posted a 24 percent jump in quarterly profit on Monday as lower natural gas prices helped offset a drop in demand.
For the second quarter, the company posted net earnings of $606.3 million, or $9.31 per share, compared with $487.4 million, or $6.75 per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue fell 4 percent to $1.74 billion.
Shares fell 1.2 percent to $201 in after-hours trading. As of Monday's close, the stock had gained 40 percent so far this year.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated
- Ukraine opposition seeks million-strong rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel