CF Industries profit jumps 24 pct, cheap natural gas cited
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Fertilizer producer CF Industries Holdings Inc posted a 24 percent jump in quarterly profit on Monday as lower natural gas prices helped offset a drop in demand.
For the second quarter, the company posted net earnings of $606.3 million, or $9.31 per share, compared with $487.4 million, or $6.75 per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue fell 4 percent to $1.74 billion.
Shares fell 1.2 percent to $201 in after-hours trading. As of Monday's close, the stock had gained 40 percent so far this year.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Search under way at New York building collapse, trains halted