- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- UPDATE 2-United Dreamliner diverted due to possible oil filter problem
CF Industries profit jumps 24 pct, cheap natural gas cited
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Fertilizer producer CF Industries Holdings Inc posted a 24 percent jump in quarterly profit on Monday as lower natural gas prices helped offset a drop in demand.
For the second quarter, the company posted net earnings of $606.3 million, or $9.31 per share, compared with $487.4 million, or $6.75 per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue fell 4 percent to $1.74 billion.
Shares fell 1.2 percent to $201 in after-hours trading. As of Monday's close, the stock had gained 40 percent so far this year.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this