CF Industries profit jumps 24 pct, cheap natural gas cited
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Fertilizer producer CF Industries Holdings Inc posted a 24 percent jump in quarterly profit on Monday as lower natural gas prices helped offset a drop in demand.
For the second quarter, the company posted net earnings of $606.3 million, or $9.31 per share, compared with $487.4 million, or $6.75 per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue fell 4 percent to $1.74 billion.
Shares fell 1.2 percent to $201 in after-hours trading. As of Monday's close, the stock had gained 40 percent so far this year.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran atom talks set to resume next month after missing deadline
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video