Cognizant posts higher 2nd-qtr profit
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp reported a higher quarterly profit on increased demand for its outsourcing services.
The information technology services provider's net income rose to $251.9 million, or 82 cents per share, for the second quarter from $208 million, or 67 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 88 cents per share.
Revenue rose 21 percent to $1.8 billion.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |