Cognizant posts higher 2nd-qtr profit
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp reported a higher quarterly profit on increased demand for its outsourcing services.
The information technology services provider's net income rose to $251.9 million, or 82 cents per share, for the second quarter from $208 million, or 67 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 88 cents per share.
Revenue rose 21 percent to $1.8 billion.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media