Knight Capital closes on $400 mln rescue deal
Aug 6 (Reuters) - A group of investors rescued embattled market maker Knight Capital Group Inc on Monday in a $400 million deal that keeps the company in business.
Blackstone Group LP, Getco and financial services companies TD Ameritrade Holding Corp, Stifel Nicolas , Jefferies Group Inc and Stephens Inc purchased preferred shares convertible at $1.50 each for a 73 percent stake in the company, Knight said in a statement just before market open.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone