- Survivors pulled from Oklahoma tornado debris as toll falls |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
Spanish stocks rise after trading resumes on exchange
MADRID Aug 6 (Reuters) - The Spanish stock market rose by more than 1.5 percent on the day on Monday when trading resumed following a technical glitch that halted activity on the Madrid bourse for nearly five hours.
The blue-chip IBEX index was up 1.8 percent at 6,877.00 points by 1251 GMT, led by advances in the share prices of banks Santander, BBVA and clothing retailer Inditex.
(Reporting by Amanda Cooper; Editing by Paul Day)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this