Plantronics 1st-qtr results beat estimates
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Headset maker Plantronics Inc reported first-quarter results above analysts' estimates on higher sales of its unified communications products.
The company earned $23.6 million, or 55 cents per share, compared with $26.7 million, or 56 cents per share, a year earlier.
Plantronics, whose brands include Plantronics, Altec Lansing and Clarity, earned 63 cents per share excluding items.
Revenue of the company, which competes with Logitech International SA and Motorola Solutions Inc, was up 3 percent at $181.4 million. Revenue from unified communications products rose 48 percent to $27.8 million.
Analysts had expected the company to earn 61 cents per share on a revenue of $179 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the Santa Cruz, California-based company rose 2 percent at $34.20 in extended trade. The stock closed at $33.47 on the New York Stock Exchange on Monday.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting