Plantronics 1st-qtr results beat estimates
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Headset maker Plantronics Inc reported first-quarter results above analysts' estimates on higher sales of its unified communications products.
The company earned $23.6 million, or 55 cents per share, compared with $26.7 million, or 56 cents per share, a year earlier.
Plantronics, whose brands include Plantronics, Altec Lansing and Clarity, earned 63 cents per share excluding items.
Revenue of the company, which competes with Logitech International SA and Motorola Solutions Inc, was up 3 percent at $181.4 million. Revenue from unified communications products rose 48 percent to $27.8 million.
Analysts had expected the company to earn 61 cents per share on a revenue of $179 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the Santa Cruz, California-based company rose 2 percent at $34.20 in extended trade. The stock closed at $33.47 on the New York Stock Exchange on Monday.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message