Bridgepoint suspends full-year forecast
Aug 7 (Reuters) - Bridgepoint Education Inc suspended its full-year forecast, citing regulatory issues regarding its accreditation status, after reporting a lower quarterly profit.
The second-quarter net income fell to $47.5 million, or 84 cents per share, from $52.1 million, or 90 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 7 percent to $256.3 million.
Bridgepoint's Ashford University was last month denied accreditation to the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, prompting another agency to review its accreditation to the for-profit college.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994