VTB Bank, CCBank to acquire Bulgarian telecoms firm
SOFIA Aug 7 (Reuters) - Bulgarian lender Corporate Commercial Bank (CCBank) and a unit of Russia's VTB Bank, VTB Capital, have agreed to take over debt-ridden Bulgarian telecoms company Vivacom, Vivacom said on Tuesday.
Vicacom, whose debts amount to 1.65 billion euros ($2.1 billion), its creditors and the two investors have agreed on a restructuring plan which is to be launched later this month. The deal is expected to be closed in September.
The transaction is subject to certain conditions, including approval of regulatory and competition authorities, the statement said.
Under the plan, CCBank and VTB Bank have offered to pay 130 million euros in cash to the senior lenders for a majority of the equity, with 588 million euros of reinstated loans and a minority of the equity to be allocated to senior secured lenders, Vivacom has said. ($1 = 0.8056 euros) (Reporting by Tsvetelia Tsolova; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study