Carrizo profit rises on higher oil output
Aug 7 (Reuters) - Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc's profit nearly quadrupled on higher oil production and the company expects output to continue to rise in the current quarter.
The oil and natural gas producer expects current-quarter oil production to increase about 5 percent from the preceding quarter to between 7,800 and 8,200 barrels per day .
Second-quarter output rose 28 percent to about 4.7 million barrels of oil equivalent (mboe).
Net profit rose to $28.5 million, or 71 cents per share, from $7.74 million, or 20 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 65 percent to $83.8 million.
Shares of the Houston-based company closed at $26.02 on M onday on the Nasdaq.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter