Quicksilver Resources hit by charge as nat gas prices stay weak
Aug 7 (Reuters) - Natural gas-focused producer Quicksilver Resources Inc posted a second-quarter loss on a big impairment charge as weak prices for natural gas and natural gas liquids lower the value of the company's assets.
Quicksilver said its results were hurt by a $992 million non-cash impairment of oil and gas properties due to lower prices.
Net loss was $673 million, or $3.96 per diluted share, compared with net income of $109 million, or 61 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 28 percent to $151 million.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |