American Public Education results beat estimates
Aug 8 (Reuters) - American Public Education Inc's second-quarter results beat analysts' expectations but the company said student sign-ups for the September quarter may not increase.
The for-profit education company said third-quarter student sign-ups will be about flat year-over-year, compared with a 4 percent increase in the second quarter.
It expects third-quarter earnings of between 46 cents and 51 cents per share. Analysts were looking for 51 cents, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Second-quarter net income rose to $9.2 million, or 51 cents per share, from $9 million, or 49 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 23 percent to $74.6 million.
Analysts had expected earnings of 45 cents per share on revenue of $72 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |