American Public Education results beat estimates
Aug 8 (Reuters) - American Public Education Inc's second-quarter results beat analysts' expectations but the company said student sign-ups for the September quarter may not increase.
The for-profit education company said third-quarter student sign-ups will be about flat year-over-year, compared with a 4 percent increase in the second quarter.
It expects third-quarter earnings of between 46 cents and 51 cents per share. Analysts were looking for 51 cents, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Second-quarter net income rose to $9.2 million, or 51 cents per share, from $9 million, or 49 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 23 percent to $74.6 million.
Analysts had expected earnings of 45 cents per share on revenue of $72 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone