- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
BCE profit climbs on strength in its wireless business
Aug 8 (Reuters) - BCE Inc, the parent of Bell Canada, reported a bigger second-quarter profit on Wednesday on the back of strong results from its wireless and media segments.
Net income in the period rose to C$773 million ($775.5 million) or C$1.00 a share, compared with C$590 million, or 76 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Excluding one-time items related to severance, acquisition and other costs, earnings in the quarter rose to C$788 million, or C$1.02 a share. That compared with earnings of C$663 million, or 86 Canadian cents.
BCE, Canada's largest telecom provider, also raised its annual dividend payout to C$2.27 a share from C$2.17 a share.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this