CSC results beat estimates
Aug 8 (Reuters) - Technology services provider Computer Sciences Corp's quarterly results beat analysts' expectations, and the company said it expects to save about $1 billion in costs over the next 18 months.
Net income attributable to CSC shareholders fell to $40 million, or 26 cents per share, in the quarter ended June 29, from $183 million, or $1.17 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue dropped about 2 percent to $3.96 billion.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 22 cents per share, on revenue of $3.89 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company's shares were up 3 percent in premarket trading. They closed at $25.52 on the New York Stock Exchange on Tuesday.
- Target confirms major card data theft during Thanksgiving
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |