- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Shares choppy, dollar steady as Fed meets
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
Protests erupt in Egypt's Al-Arish town- witness
AL-ARISH, EGYPT |
AL-ARISH, EGYPT Aug 8 (Reuters) - Protests erupted on Wednesday in Egypt's Al-Arish town in the Sinai Peninsula after clashes escalated between armed men and security forces, a few days after 16 border guards were shot dead in an attack blamed partly on Palestinian militants.
"God is Great," hundreds of protesters chanted as they gathered in front of a governor's office, a Reuters witness reported. The protesters demanded state protection after a series of attacks on security checkpoints in town.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this