- Frenetic search for survivors as 91 feared dead in tornado-hit Oklahoma |
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Dollar firms as Fed suspense builds, shares off highs |
- IRS officials back on Capitol Hill hot seat over targeting
S.Korea's GS Group mulls buying U.S.-based Houghton -report
SEOUL Aug 9 (Reuters) - South Korean refinery-to-retailer GS Group is considering acquiring U.S. metalworking fluid maker Houghton International through its GS Energy affiliate, the Korea Economic Daily reported on Thursday.
The newspaper cited unnamed investment banking sources.
Houghton was put up for sale by its private equity owner AEA Investors LP earlier this year. The sale could bring in more than $1 billion, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters in May.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this