Rona adjusted earnings, revenue rise
Aug 8 (Reuters) - Canadian home improvement retailer and distributor Rona Inc reported higher adjusted earnings on Wednesday as revenue rose.
Net earnings attributable to participating shares after a dividend on preferred shares fell to C$34.1 million, or 28 Canadian cents a share, compared with C$37.0 million, or 28 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Excluding unusual items, earnings rose to C$43.6 million, or 36 Canadian cents a share, from C$37.0 million, or 28 Canadian cents. Revenue rose 3.4 percent to C$1.42 billion.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls