Rona adjusted earnings, revenue rise
Aug 8 (Reuters) - Canadian home improvement retailer and distributor Rona Inc reported higher adjusted earnings on Wednesday as revenue rose.
Net earnings attributable to participating shares after a dividend on preferred shares fell to C$34.1 million, or 28 Canadian cents a share, compared with C$37.0 million, or 28 Canadian cents, a year earlier.
Excluding unusual items, earnings rose to C$43.6 million, or 36 Canadian cents a share, from C$37.0 million, or 28 Canadian cents. Revenue rose 3.4 percent to C$1.42 billion.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand