Weak markets hammer Sun Life Financial profit
TORONTO Aug 8 (Reuters) - Sun Life Financial Inc said on Wednesday its profit fell 87.5 percent in the second quarter, hurt by weak stock markets and sinking bond yields.
Sun Life, Canada's No. 3 insurer, earned C$51 million ($51.26 million), or 9 Canadian cents a share, compared with a year-before profit of C$408 million, or 68 Canadian cents a share.
The company maintained its quarterly dividend of 36 Canadian cents a share.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted