ShawCor profit jumps on robust bookings
Aug 9 (Reuters) - Energy services company ShawCor Ltd reported a 36 percent jump in quarterly profit on higher bookings and strong performance in its pipeline and pipe services segment.
The company's second-quarter net income rose to C$21.4 million, or 30 Canadian cents per share, from C$15.7 million, or 21 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 24 percent to C$326.9 million.
ShawCor's shares, which have gained 20 percent so far in 2012, closed at C$35.78 on Thursday on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison