Carlyle near deal with SocGen on TCW: sources
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Private equity firm Carlyle Group LP (CG.O) is close to clinching a deal with Societe Generale (SOGN.PA) for the takeover of the French bank's Los Angeles-based asset management arm TCW, three people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
A deal, which would also involve TCW's management, could be announced as early as Thursday, the people said. TCW's management and employees are set to increase their ownership of the asset manager to a substantial minority position, one of the sources added.
Societe Generale and Carlyle declined to comment.
(Reporting by Greg Roumeliotis and Jennifer Ablan in New York; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea