Germany snatch men's C2 1,000 title
DORNEY, England (Reuters) - Germany's Peter Kretschmer and Kurt Kuschela surged through the field to snatch victory in the men's canoe double 1,000 on Thursday in a thrilling first final of the morning.
The duo, who took silver at the European championships this year, passed Azerbaijan in the last 200 meters to take the title.
Andrei and Aliaksandr Bahdanovich of Belarus took the silver to add to their gold from 2008, and Russia took the bronze.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source