WW Grainger's July sales rise 11 percent
Aug 10 (Reuters) - Industrial distributor WW Grainger Inc's sales grew 11 percent in July on higher demand for its heavy and light manufacturing products.
Grainger, considered an industrial bellwether, said daily July sales in its U.S. segment increased 6 percent. Sales in its heavy and light manufacturing markets were up in the high single digits, the company said.
Daily sales in Canada increased 10 percent in July while those in the company's other businesses' segment rose 71 percent.
Shares of the Chicago-based company, which competes with MSC Industrial Direct Co and Fastenal Co closed at$204.51 on Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |