- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
FTC approves final settlement with Facebook over privacy issues
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Federal Trade Commission on Friday gave the final approval to a settlement of federal charges reached last year over Facebook Inc deceiving consumers and forcing them to share more personal information than they had intended.
The settlement requires Facebook to get user consent for some changes to privacy settings and subjects the social networking site to 20 years of independent audits.
That settlement was reached last November but was subject to a public comment period and final vote by the FTC.
(Reporting By Jasmin Melvin; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this