Wrestling: Burroughs wins 74kg gold for U.S.
LONDON (Reuters) - Jordan Burroughs won the first U.S. wrestling gold of the London Olympics in the 74kg freestyle final on Friday.
He beat Iran's Sadegh Goudarzi in a rematch of the 2011 world championship final, which Burroughs also won.
American fans roared and waved the Stars and Stripes at the end of the bout.
Burroughs, who cut his eye in an earlier round, ran around the wrestling mat waving the American flag.
(Reporting by Peter Griffiths; Editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources