Wrestling: Burroughs wins 74kg gold for U.S.
LONDON (Reuters) - Jordan Burroughs won the first U.S. wrestling gold of the London Olympics in the 74kg freestyle final on Friday.
He beat Iran's Sadegh Goudarzi in a rematch of the 2011 world championship final, which Burroughs also won.
American fans roared and waved the Stars and Stripes at the end of the bout.
Burroughs, who cut his eye in an earlier round, ran around the wrestling mat waving the American flag.
(Reporting by Peter Griffiths; Editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies