Aecon profit more than doubles on lower costs
Aug 13 (Reuters) - Canadian construction company Aecon Group Inc's quarterly profit more than doubled as costs fell.
Net income rose to C$5.4 million, or 9 Canadian cents per share, in the second quarter, from C$2.3 million, or 1 Canadian cent per share a year earlier.
Revenue fell 13 percent to C$661.7 million.
Direct costs and expenses fell 15 percent to C$599.3 million.
Aecon's shares, which have risen 24 percent so far in 2012, closed at C$12.88 on Monday on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media