- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- End to Fed stimulus, China slowdown rattles swathe of world investments
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
Brasil Foods 2nd qtr profit drops 99 pct from year ago
SAO PAULO |
SAO PAULO Aug 13 (Reuters) - Brasil Foods, the world's largest poultry exporter, posted a second-quarter net profit of 6 million reais ($3 million), down 99 percent from a year earlier, according to a Monday securities filing.
The result missed forecasts for profit of 90 million reais in a Reuters poll of six analysts.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, fell 28 percent to 565 million reais, in line with an average estimate of 568 million reais in the Reuters survey.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this