LexisNexis Releases Hosted Concordance Evolution, a New "On-Demand" Service for Discovery Management
LexisNexis Releases Hosted Concordance Evolution, a New “On-Demand” Service for Discovery Management
Hosted option for Concordance Evolution software offers speed and performance for e-discovery and review management
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com), a leading global provider of content and technology solutions, today announced the release of Hosted Concordance® Evolution from LexisNexis – a fully hosted service that delivers electronic discovery review capabilities on an “on-demand” basis.
“Hosted Concordance Evolution is the latest addition to our e-discovery and litigation management portfolio, and it is an ideal fit for mid-sized law firms that handle large or complex litigation,” said Matt Gillis, vice president and managing director of Litigation Tools & Professional Services at LexisNexis Legal & Professional. “With Hosted Concordance Evolution, law firms that don’t want or need to deploy an enterprise e-discovery software system of their own can get exactly what they need, on demand, for the duration of each case they litigate.”
Hosted Concordance Evolution enables law firms to securely store their clients’ discovery data for any case in a “hosted” environment on LexisNexis servers rather than their own, as well as the ability to access and manage that data with the Web-based Concordance Evolution software. These capabilities are offered on an on-demand basis – according to customer needs for individual cases – and allow clients to store data on LexisNexis servers in a secure “private cloud,” made possible through the LexisNexis Managed Technology Solutions (MTS) environment.
This unique model is particularly beneficial for customers with an immediate need, as it allows them to quickly expand data capacity and access to market-leading e-discovery software. This is not only operationally more efficient, but because customers only pay for the capacity they use, rather than an annual licensing fee for software, it also makes it easier to transparently bill expenses to internal or external clients.
Key features of Hosted Concordance Evolution include:
- Scalable Microsoft® SQL backend – keeps all data in one place; accelerates document searching; improves data integrity and supports large-scale, multi-party document review
- Updated user interface – enhances speed from document to document and improves screen performance for reviewers
- Advanced review and redaction – quickly performs native and near native review; redacts without having to TIFF or PDF documents first; uses “find & redact” to quickly and consistently apply redactions throughout; allows for quick review of applied redactions with transparent redactions
- Advanced Searching – searches images, multiple terms, tags, file types or mark-up and redactions, reducing to one step what had taken three steps
- Concept Searching – enters conceptual terms instead of exact words which helps identify similarities and delivers comprehensive results
- Family Groupings feature – groups together related emails and attachments to show associations in a “tree view” and encourages more consistent review, coding and annotation
- “Near-Duplicates” by Equivio™ – unique capability for detection of near duplicate documents, grouping of them together and assignment to a single reviewer for consistent review
Additionally, this product offers speed and the ability to view, search and “bulk tag” electronic files without a large up-front capital investment. For example, during final testing, Hosted Concordance Evolution allowed users to view documents within fewer than two seconds, obtain search results across 50,000 documents in an average of 3.5 seconds, and apply bulk tags to 50 documents simultaneously in just two seconds.
“We will continue to invest in and aggressively develop our portfolio of litigation solutions to offer litigators a complete and integrated set of capabilities that help them manage cases from beginning to end,” said Gillis. “This includes continued development of our Concordance Evolution platform with release updates that expand the offering and accommodate the diverse needs of each market segment we serve.”
Concordance Evolution was built from the ground up by LexisNexis on an entirely new technology platform, leveraging Microsoft’s latest .NET software framework.
The diverse set of litigation solutions from LexisNexis includes Early Data Analyzer for early data assessment, LAW PreDiscovery™ software for processing, Concordance® and Concordance® Evolution for e-discovery review and production, the CaseMap® suite for case analysis and transcript management, and Sanction Solutions® for litigation presentations.
For more information about Hosted Concordance Evolution, please visit:
About LexisNexis Legal & Professional
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis helps its clients gain increased control of e-discovery with flexible, integrated solutions for early data assessment, processing, review and seamless chain of custody. Supporting the most critical phases of the EDRM, Early Data Analyzer, LAW PreDiscovery, Concordance, CaseMap, TextMap and Sanction are the only solutions on the market that work together for complete support of litigation management and can be offered in a hosted environment for the flexibility and support any case demands.
Daryn Teague, 661-297-5292
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76