Berkshire Hathaway doubles stake in Lee Enterprises
Aug 14 (Reuters) - Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc nearly doubled its stake in newspaper group Lee Enterprises Inc to 3.23 million shares.
According to an amended 13F filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in June, Berkshire owned about 1.7 million shares of Lee Enterprises, or about 3.2 percent.
Newspaper chain Lee Enterprises, which recently refinanced its debt after filing for bankruptcy in December last year, publishes 48 daily newspapers including the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
The Davenport, Iowa-based Lee's shares were up 9 percent at $1.45 after the bell. They closed at $1.33 on the New York Stock Exchange on Tuesday.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Ice storms, snowfall, rain hinders holiday travel across U.S.