Table-China's renewable energy targets for 2015 and 2020
Aug 14 (Reuters) - The following table shows development targets for China's renewable and nuclear energy for 2015 and 2020, according to the government's five-year plans for renewable energy and strategic new sectors. Renewable energy in China, the world's largest energy user, would amount to 478 million tonnes of standard coal by 2015, accounting for more than 9.5 percent of the country's total energy consumption, the government has said. 2020 2015 On-grid wind power capacity (GW) >200 >100 On-grid wind power output (bln kwh) >380 190 Solar power capacity (GW) >50 >21 Biomass power capacity (GW) 30 13 Hydropower capacity(GW) 260 Pumped storage hydropower capacity (GW) 30 Geothermal, tidal power capacity (MW) 110-120 Ocean power capacity (MW) 50 Nuclear (GW) 40 (Reporting by Judy Hua and Chen Aizhu in Beijing; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South