Brazil builder PDG posts $222 million net loss
SAO PAULO Aug 13 (Reuters) - PDG Realty, Brazil's biggest homebuilder, posted a second-quarter net loss of 450 million reais ($222 million), compared to a profit of 32 million reais a year earlier, according to a Monday securities filing.
The result missed forecasts for a profit of 85 million reais in a Reuters poll of six analysts.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, fell to a negative 259 million reais, adjusted for stock options, missing an average estimate of a positive 236 million reais. ($1 = 2.0280 Brazilian reais) (Reporting by Brad Haynes and Aluisio Alves; Editing by Michael Urquhart)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image