Brazil builder PDG posts $222 million net loss
SAO PAULO Aug 13 (Reuters) - PDG Realty, Brazil's biggest homebuilder, posted a second-quarter net loss of 450 million reais ($222 million), compared to a profit of 32 million reais a year earlier, according to a Monday securities filing.
The result missed forecasts for a profit of 85 million reais in a Reuters poll of six analysts.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a gauge of operating profit known as EBITDA, fell to a negative 259 million reais, adjusted for stock options, missing an average estimate of a positive 236 million reais. ($1 = 2.0280 Brazilian reais) (Reporting by Brad Haynes and Aluisio Alves; Editing by Michael Urquhart)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |