Chicago's Strategic Hotels to buy NYC's Essex House -source
NEW YORK Aug 14 (Reuters) - Strategic Hotels & Resorts Inc has agreed to buy the well-known New York hotel Jumeirah Essex House for about $375 million, a source familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
The deal for the 509-room Art Deco hotel on Central Park South was sold by Dubai-based Jumeirah and is expected to close within a month, the source said.
Dubai Investment Group, Jumeirah's parent, bought the Essex House in 2005 for $423.9 million, according to real estate research and information company Real Capital Analytics. Jumeirah then spent about $90 million to refurbish it, the hotel said on its website.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- N.Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'