Talk show host Jimmy Kimmel engaged to marry
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Talk show host Jimmy Kimmel is heading to the altar to marry Molly McNearney, a co-head writer on his late night program, "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", the comedian's spokesman confirmed on Wednesday.
Celebrity news website People.com reported that the 44-year-old Kimmel proposed to McNearney, 34, while on vacation at Kruger National Park in South Africa.
Kimmel was previously married for 13 years and has two children. He also had a high-profile relationship with comedian Sarah Silverman that lasted five years.
McNearney and Kimmel have been dating since 2009, and this will be McNearney's first marriage.
Kimmel is scheduled to host the upcoming Primetime Emmy Awards on September 23 in Los Angeles.
(Reporting By Zorianna Kit; Editing Carol Bishopric)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow