Dollar rises to 1-month high versus yen
LONDON Aug 15 (Reuters) - The dollar rose to a one-month high against the yen on Wednesday, after upbeat U.S. retail sales data the previous day lowered the chances of more monetary stimulus by the Federal Reserve.
The dollar rose to 78.948 on trading platform EBS, its highest since mid-July, with traders citing stop-loss buy orders above 79.05 yen.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message