Anglo American completes De Beers stake acquisition
LONDON Aug 16 (Reuters) - Global miner Anglo American said it completed the acquisition of the Oppenheimer family's interest in diamond producer De Beers, paying $5.2 billion to raise its stake to 85 percent.
Anglo, which already owned 45 percent of De Beers, said the final price it paid was higher than the $5.1 billion agreed purchase price, as a number of adjustments were made which were provided for under the sale agreement.
The stake sale, announced by the Oppenheimers in November, was given the go-ahead by regulators in July.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |