- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
Anglo American completes De Beers stake acquisition
LONDON Aug 16 (Reuters) - Global miner Anglo American said it completed the acquisition of the Oppenheimer family's interest in diamond producer De Beers, paying $5.2 billion to raise its stake to 85 percent.
Anglo, which already owned 45 percent of De Beers, said the final price it paid was higher than the $5.1 billion agreed purchase price, as a number of adjustments were made which were provided for under the sale agreement.
The stake sale, announced by the Oppenheimers in November, was given the go-ahead by regulators in July.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this