- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares firm, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
CORRECTED-AuRico Gold profit falls on lower production
(Corrects Aug 13 story to say revenue rose, not fell)
Aug 13 (Reuters) - Canadian miner AuRico Gold Inc reported a 10 percent fall in profit on lower gold production.
The company produced 67,411 gold equivalent ounces for the second quarter, down from the 74,439 gold equiavalent ounces a year earlier.
The company cut its 2012 production outlook last month due to a high turnover of skilled laborers at its Ocampo mine in northern Mexico.
Net earnings fell to $22.1 million, or 8 cents per basic share, during April-June from $24.5 million, or 15 cents per basic share, a year earlier.
Revenue from mining rose 1 percent to $113.7 million.
Gold price rose 7 percent to average $1,611 per ounce during April-June from the year-ago quarter.
Shares of the company, which has a market value of $1.92 billion, closed at C$6.75 on Friday on the Toronto Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Shounak Dasgupta in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this