CORRECTED-Santander says to register Mexico listing soon
(Corrects to say bank will present IPO prospectus in coming days, not make placement)
MADRID Aug 16 (Reuters) - Banco Santander said on Thursday it would present a prospectus in coming days for a listing of part of its Mexican business in Mexico and New York.
It gave no detail on the amount of capital involved.
Spain's largest bank, which has multiple operations throughout Latin America, said it and its Santusa Holding subsidiary would market the offering.
"The percentage of capital to be placed has not yet been decided, but either way, Grupo Santander will retain a majority stakeholding after the operation," Santander said in a release.
Santander shares were up 0.2 percent at 5.407 euros, compared with a 0.4 percent rise in Madrid's blue-chip IBEX index. (Reporting by Amanda Cooper and Nigel Davies; Editing by John Stonestreet)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter