- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P hits 4-mo high on Germany, Cisco
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Aug 16 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 closed at its highest in more than four months on Thursday on signs of German support for the European Central Bank's effort to fight the region's debt crisis, and as Cisco Systems led gains in the tech sector after a dividend hike.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 85.33 points, or 0.65 percent, to 13,250.11. The S&P 500 Index gained 9.99 points, or 0.71 percent, to 1,415.52. The Nasdaq Composite added 31.46 points, or 1.04 percent, to 3,062.39.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this