Marvell 2nd-qtr misses expectations
Aug 16 (Reuters) - Chipmaker Marvell Technology Group Ltd's second-quarter results missed estimates on sputtering PC sales and market share losses at its mobile chips business, sending its shares down 8 percent in extended trade.
Profit for the second quarter fell to $93 million, or 16 cents a share, from $192 million, or 31 cents a share, a year earlier.
Excluding one-time charges, it earned 24 cents a share.
Revenue fell 9 percent to $816 million.
Analysts were looking for a profit of 26 cents a share on revenue of $852 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Its shares closed up 3 percent at $12.28 on Thursday on the Nasdaq.
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Four-way talks call for end to Ukraine violence |
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found
- Divers enter capsized South Korean ferry in hunt for survivors |