Malaysia RAM rates Tanjung Bin Power's 4.5 bln rgt sukuk at AA2
KUALA LUMPUR Aug 16 (Reuters) - Malaysia's RAM Ratings assigned a rating of AA2 on Malaysian independent power producer (IPP) Tanjung Bin Power Sdn Bhd's proposed sukuk Ijarah program of up to 4.5 billion ringgit ($1.44 billion) in nominal value on Thursday.
The company was roped in to construct, own and operate a coal-fired power plant in the southern state of Johor, under an agreement with government-linked power producer Tenaga Nasional Bhd.
Proceeds from the sukuk will be used to refinance an existing debt facility, Tanjung Bin has previously said. It will also go towards working capital purposes or to provide payment to its shareholders. ($1 = 3.1245 Malaysian ringgit) (Reporting By Al-Zaquan Amer Hamzah; Ediitng by Niluksi Koswanage)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |