Malaysia RAM rates Tanjung Bin Power's 4.5 bln rgt sukuk at AA2
KUALA LUMPUR Aug 16 (Reuters) - Malaysia's RAM Ratings assigned a rating of AA2 on Malaysian independent power producer (IPP) Tanjung Bin Power Sdn Bhd's proposed sukuk Ijarah program of up to 4.5 billion ringgit ($1.44 billion) in nominal value on Thursday.
The company was roped in to construct, own and operate a coal-fired power plant in the southern state of Johor, under an agreement with government-linked power producer Tenaga Nasional Bhd.
Proceeds from the sukuk will be used to refinance an existing debt facility, Tanjung Bin has previously said. It will also go towards working capital purposes or to provide payment to its shareholders. ($1 = 3.1245 Malaysian ringgit) (Reporting By Al-Zaquan Amer Hamzah; Ediitng by Niluksi Koswanage)
- China anxiety knocks shares, oil
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- U.S. sees Middle East help fighting IS, Britain cautious after beheading