At least 18 bodies at South Africa mine shooting: SAPA
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South Africa's SAPA news agency reported 18 bodies after police opened fire on thousands of striking miners at Lonmin's Marikana platinum mine on Thursday.
SAPA said one of its reporters had counted 18 bodies lying near the Wonderkop squatter camp at the mine. Police have not confirmed any death toll.
(Reporting by Ed Cropley)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown