At least 18 bodies at South Africa mine shooting: SAPA
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South Africa's SAPA news agency reported 18 bodies after police opened fire on thousands of striking miners at Lonmin's Marikana platinum mine on Thursday.
SAPA said one of its reporters had counted 18 bodies lying near the Wonderkop squatter camp at the mine. Police have not confirmed any death toll.
(Reporting by Ed Cropley)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source