At least 18 bodies at South Africa mine shooting: SAPA
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South Africa's SAPA news agency reported 18 bodies after police opened fire on thousands of striking miners at Lonmin's Marikana platinum mine on Thursday.
SAPA said one of its reporters had counted 18 bodies lying near the Wonderkop squatter camp at the mine. Police have not confirmed any death toll.
(Reporting by Ed Cropley)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- JPMorgan warns 465,000 card users on data loss after cyber attack