CORRECTED-Foot Locker 2nd-qtr profit rises
(Corrects paragraph 1 to say that profit rose 59 percent, not 63 percent)
Aug 17 (Reuters) - Athletic footwear retailer Foot Locker Inc's second-quarter profit rose 5 9 percent as gross margins improved.
The company's profit rose to $59 million, or 39 cents per share, from $37 million, or 24 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 7.21 percent to $1.37 billion.
Foot Locker shares closed at $34.49 on Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Aditi Shrivastava in Bangalore)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea