CORRECTED-Foot Locker 2nd-qtr profit rises
(Corrects paragraph 1 to say that profit rose 59 percent, not 63 percent)
Aug 17 (Reuters) - Athletic footwear retailer Foot Locker Inc's second-quarter profit rose 5 9 percent as gross margins improved.
The company's profit rose to $59 million, or 39 cents per share, from $37 million, or 24 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 7.21 percent to $1.37 billion.
Foot Locker shares closed at $34.49 on Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Aditi Shrivastava in Bangalore)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions