Sharp seeks $630 mln capital raise from Kyocera, Toshiba, funds-Jiji
TOKYO Aug 17 (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp is seeking a capital increase totaling about 50 billion yen ($630 million) and is approaching U.S. investment funds as well as Kyocera Corp, Toshiba Corp, among others, Jiji News Agency said on Friday.
Cash-strapped Sharp, which makes screens for Apple Inc's iPad and iPhone, is hurrying to restructure non-core assets as it faces looming debt rollovers.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image