- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Hon Hai seeking 20 pct stake in Sharp -Nikkei
TOKYO Aug 17 (Reuters) - Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry is seeking to raise its stake in Japanese LCD maker Sharp Corp to about 20 percent from a previously agreed 9.9 percent, the Nikkei business daily reported in its online edition on Friday.
Sharp's lenders are telling the troubled company that a capital-tie up with Hon Hai, the world's leading contract electronics maker and a key supplier to Apple Inc, is a prerequisite for further financial support, the Nikkei said.
Hon Hai is said to be seeking a price of about 200 yen per share for Sharp, compared with the 550 yen initially agreed in March. Sharp's shares shot up as much as 13 percent on the report. They were up 4.0 percent at 182 yen in late afternoon trade.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this