Stora Enso, Neste drop biodiesel plan as EC funding bid fails
HELSINKI Aug 17 (Reuters) - Finnish forestry group Stora Enso and refiner Neste Oil dropped plans to build a biodiesel plant together after a failed bid for funding from the European Commission.
The companies said in a joint statement on Friday that the project would have required a significant investment, and that they may not have gone through with it even with funding from the Commission's NER 300 programme, which encourages renewable and low-carbon energy projects. (Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher